The last two and a half weeks of school at Life Academy are dedicated to Post Session where teachers design and lead courses based in the arts and/or physical education. Below are pictures from only a few post session options:
- Boys vs. Wild: 6th grade boys explored the Bay Area learning about hiking, topographic maps, and plant identification.
- Girls Got Game: 6th grade girls experienced yoga, hiking, capoeira, and crossfit and examined the question, what is beautiful?
- Hips Don’t Lie: High school students explored and practiced different types of dance.
- Foot Prints: High school students explored Bay Area trails and artistically represented their experiences in nature.
- Surfing: Students learned how to swim and then spent three days camping and surfing in Santa Cruz.
- Yosemite: It’s a Life Academy tradition that all 10th graders go to Yosemite Valley on a week-long retreat to build community.
- GO!: Students learned the basics of backpacking and then went on a five-day backpacking trip on the East Bay’s Ohlone Wilderness Trail.